This summer is FLYING by! I feel like I have been away every single weekend which isn’t a bad thing at all but it does make it difficult to come up with some new recipes. I have been buying exactly what I need to eat so I have no leftover and no food spoilage.
When I don’t have a lot in the house is when I tend to get my most creative and I am happy to say that this recipe for Broccoli and Cheddar Stuffed Chicken totally hit the spot. It even heated up well as leftovers.
If you are pressed for time you can even prepare the chicken in advance and keep it on a plate covered in saran wrap or in a Tupperware in the fridge until you are ready to cook it later in the day.
Per usual I am heading out again this weekend. First up, a visit to my parents house on Cape Cod to spend time with my family and to celebrate my grandmother’s birthday.
Then I am home for 1 short day until I pack my bags and head for Nashville! This is my second year in a row I am attending the annual Coach Summit and I AM SO FREAKIN EXCITED!!!!
Last year I went to this event all on my own, not knowing a single person, and left with so many new friends and amazing memories. This year there are SIX coaches from my team (including myself) going and I am so excited to watch them experience this event for the first time.
It is legit the Grammy’s for Beachbody. And top it off we close down Broadway, the main road in downtown Nashville, and all 25,000 of us get together to do a LIVE workout in the streets with all of our favorite Super Trainers such as Autumn Calabrese, Tony Horton, Shaun T, Chalene Johnson, and Sagi Kalev.
I even get to be recognized up on the big stage at Nissan Stadium in front of 25,000 other coaches to represent my team and all that we have accomplished this past year. That was a goal of mine leaving Summit in 2015 and it gives me chills to think that I set my mind to it and accomplished it for 2016!
I have done quite a few Beachbody programs since I started working out at home back in September 2014 and becoming a coach so before we leave for Nashville my team and I are hosting a 3 day informational event that will break down each and every program and product there is out there!
During this event you will learn:
- Background on each program (is it cardio, resistance, dance, etc)
- Who the trainer is
- What is the total workout time per day and length of the program
- What equipment is needed (if any)
- Additional “nice to knows”
- Our transformation pictures
- What the heck is Shakeology and how will it help me
- What is the Beachbody Performance line
This event is information only – you are not required to sign up for anything at the end.
To make things even more fun during the event we are going to be giving away daily prizes along with a ✨GRAND PRIZE✨ on the last day. All you need to do to be entered to win is engage in the group by liking posts, commenting, and asking any questions if you have any.
If you are interested in learning more click here to join this Facebook event – make sure to choose “Going” to ensure you receive the post notifications when we begin on Sunday!
- 1 lb of boneless, skinless, chicken breast (usually 3 pieces per pack at the grocery store)
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into small florets
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese, reserve ½ for the topping
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Smoked Paprika (optional or you could just use regular paprika)
- Dried Parsley
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and set aside.
- Steam your broccoli for approx. 3-4 minutes until it is bright green in color but not cooked all the way through. Remove lid and remove and turn off the heat.
- Using a sharp knife cut a slit into the side of each chicken breast making a pocket. Stuff each piece with broccoli and 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- Close up the chicken using toothpicks and place on the lined baking sheet.
- Season the chicken with pink Himalayan salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and smoked paprika (optional) according to your taste preference.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and top each piece with 1 tablespoon of cheddar cheese. Place back in the oven for 3-4 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Top with dried parsley and serve with the remaining steamed broccoli as a side dish.
- 21 Day Fix Container Equivalents per piece: 1.5 red, 0.5 green, 1 blue